Bandhavgarh needs little introduction when we are talking about Tigers in India. Located in Umaria district of Madhya Pradesh state, Bandhavgarh TR boasts of one of the highest tiger densities in India.The park, coupled with its unique ecosystem, very healthy tiger density and a very good inter-connectivity of vehicle tracks help increase the chances of sighting a tiger many folds compared to a lot of other parks in India.This has made Bandhavgarh a very popular destination for wildlife lovers who seek the chance of a sighting of this majestic cat in the wild. Such was the popularity of this park that at one point of time Charger (a dominant male tiger) and Sita (one of the most photographed tigress in wild) became common household names!
Though summers are considered best time for tiger sighting, winters too provide many opportunities where one can get the big cats on the move. Summer sightings are mostly oriented around the various waterholes and in winters tiger can be seen walking on the game tracks and open nullahs.
For good tiger sightings and photographs, we would suggest as many as safaris one can afford. However, 4 to 6 safaris should be a good option, depending on the season. Bandhavgarh provides safari opportunity in 3 zones of core area namely Tala (premium), Magdhi and Khitauli. 3 more zones might open soon in the buffer area too! Numerous stay options are available outside the TR, ranging from economy to luxury. Umaria (approx 40 kms from Bandhavgarh) is the nearest railhead and Jabalpur (approx 200 kms from Bandhavgarh) has the nearest airport. However, Katni (approx 120 kms from Bandhavgarh) has better rail connection to rest of India.
4 safaris sample itinerary:
- Day 1 - Pick up from Katni / Jabalpur early morning and transfer to Bandhavgarh by noon, check in and lunch, afternoon safari, overnight at lodge/resort(L,D)
- Day 2 - Morning and afternoon safaris, overnight at lodge/resort(B,L,D)
- Day 3 - Morning safari, checkout post breakfast and transfer to Katni/Jabalpur by afternnon (B)
PS: The above mentioned are sample itineraries, these can be tweaked based on the guest's requirements.
- Rs 90,000/- for a group of 4 pax with stay in luxury resort
- Rs 80,000/- for a group of 4 pax with stay in budget resort
- Rs 1,20,000/- for a group of 6 pax with stay in luxury resort
- Rs 1,00,000/- for a group of 6 pax with stay in budget resort
Above mentioned costs are for Indian nationals (4 safaris package) only, contact us for the pricing details for Foreign nationals and other safari packages.
PS: The tour cost is as per prevailing Forest Department tourism charges. Any increment by the Department in those rates will reflect as an addition to the tour cost.
Tour cost includes:
- Pick up and drop from/to Umaria/Katni/Jabalpur in an exclusive AC SUV (Innova or equivalent)
- 4 open top gypsy safaris in an exclusive vehicle
- All nights stay on twin sharing basis in AC rooms
- All meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- All park entry fee, guide charges, still camera charges, gypsy and driver charges
- All applicable taxes
Tour cost excludes:
- Group's home town to Umaria/Katni/Jabalpur and back travel expenses
- Any extra food item not included in the meal as per the itinerary
- Any alcoholic beverage
- Any non-alcoholic beverage not included in the meal as per the itinerary
- Laundry, phone call, etc. personal charges
- Anything which is not mentioned in "Tour cost includes"
Bank account details:
Account No.: 0291102000006453
Account Holder Name: GOINGWILD LLP
Account Type: Current
Branch: Bansdroni, Kolkata
IFSC Code: IBKL0000291
- Advance 50% payment to book your seat
- 100% balance payment atleast 120 days before the commencement of tour
Refund policy in case of cancellation:
- 50% of total cost if cancelled 121 days or more before the commencement of tour
- No refund if cancelled 120 days or lesser before the commencement of tour
Please note: Date of cancellation will be the date of written (email) communication of intent to cancel, received by us. Refund amount will be calculated excluding the date of commencement of tour.
By agreeing to participate in any of GoingWild LLP tours, the participant confirms to understand and voluntarily agree to all the terms and conditions, including the below mentioned:
- Fitness to complete the Tour is the sole criterion for participation.
- Participants are advised to consult their physician in case they have any kind of medical history of hypertension, cardiac issues or any other ailments.
- GoingWild LLP can not be held responsible for injuries, damages or losses caused to any participant due to acts of god,terrorist activities, social or labour unrest, local laws, abnormal conditions or developments or any other conditions or omissions outside the control of GoingWild LLP.
- All participants travelling with GoingWild LLP must complete and sign a Risk Release Agreement before the commencement of tour.
- All disputes are subject to Kolkata jurisdiction only.