Ghatgarh is a small village in Shivalik Himalayas which has an altitude of 1000m. Forest areas around this village and surrounding 10Km radius are house to several species chiefly confined to this area only. These evergreen and broadleaf forest areas are house to key species like Great Slaty Woodpecker and Long-tailed Broadbill. Since this place is starting point of the ghat section of Himalayas, the tropical deciduous forest, including moist and dry teak forests, riverine forests are perfect habitat for 16 species of woodpeckers; migrants and some elusive species of Raptors can also be seen in this area. Other avian friends which are very common to this area Kalij Pheasant, Nuthatches, Black-and-yellow Grosbeak, Collared Owlet etc. If the visitors to this place are extremely lucky, they might see the big cats also, beside the road, mostly after sundown and before sunrise.
Sattal, a place of seven interconnected freshwater lakes, is a place known as western Himalayan bird photography heaven for true nature lovers. This place is at a distance of around 50kms from the place where visitors will lodge at Ghatgarh. Morning and afternoon birding and bird photography will keep the photographer so busy, that he/she can bag memory card full of stunning actions of birds and their behaviors. Glamourous coloration of Red-billed Leothrix, Black-lored Tit, Slaty-blue Flycatcher and White-bellied Nuthatch would always be a memory to cherish once you visit and photograph these Himalayan beauties.
A day visit will be productive in terms of bird photography and birding if one shows interest to visit Pangot. Pangot has a mixed vegetation of temparate broadleaf forests, sub-alpine and alpine forests plus near verical cliffs covered by scrubs of Rhododendrons and high altitude grasslands. Cheer and Koklass Pheasants can be commonly seen at places covered by high altitude grasslands; it is also a perfect habitat for Himalayan Stoat. Bird species like Ultramarine Flycatchers, Yellow-breasted Greenfinchs, Rosefinches, Jays, Yellownapes, Blue Magpies etc. forage and roost mostly in sub-alpine to alpine regions and in temparate seasons at lower altitude temparate broadleaf forests. Most interestingly, Hill Partridges and Black Francolins can be spotted quiet often beside the road thickets.
One of the most important grasslands for birds are the seasonally flooded grasslands of Baur and Haripura reservoir. Freshwater waterbodies, agricultural canals, village tanks, mudflats and cultivation field houses some endemic species confined to this region only. Most recently, species like Chestnut-capped Babbler and Finn's Weaver have been recorded from this area. Since, at Baur and Haripura wetlands are abandant, thus it supports a very rich array of Waterfowls, Jacanas, Gulls, Terns, Geese, Ducks, Plovers, Lapwings and Thick-knees. On a single day visit, one can easily spot more that 100+ species from this area.
Ramnagar(RMR), Kathgodam(KGM) and Haldwani(HDW) are nearest railheads from the eco-camp where lodging will be done for the tour. One can also avail regular state bus or private bus with semi-deluxe, deluxe and luxuary facility available from Anand Vihar, Delhi to reach at Halwani. Visitors can also drive to camp at Gartgarh by car from Delhi via route Delhi-Gaziabad-Hapur-Garh Mukteshwar-Gajraula-Moradabad-Tanda-Darial-Bazpur-Barhaini-Kaladhungi-Ghatgarh.
Tour cost for a group of 5 pax is Rs 1,10,000/- (For Indian Nationals)
This is an indicative cost which might increase if the administrative costs are increased at any time.
Tour cost includes:
- All stays on twin sharing basis in ethnic mud huts
- All meals as per the itinerary
- All surface transfer in SUVs (starting from Ramnagar pick up till Ramnagar drop)
- All forest entry fee, guide charges, still camera fee
- Service of a dedicated naturalist and wildlife photographer for the entire tour
Tour cost excludes:
- Any additional F&B items which are not included in the meals as per the itinerary
- Any alcoholic drinks
- Personal expenses like phone calls, laundry etc.
- Anything not mentioned in the "Tour cost includes"
Bank account details:
Account No.: 0291102000006453
Account Holder Name: GOINGWILD LLP
Account Type: Current
Branch: Bansdroni, Kolkata
IFSC Code: IBKL0000291
- Advance 50% payment to book your seat
- 100% balance payment atleast 90 days before the commencement of tour
Refund policy in case of cancellation:
- 50% of total cost if cancelled 91 days or more before the commencement of tour
- No refund if cancelled 90 days or lesser before the commencement of tour
Please note: Date of cancellation will be the date of written (email) communication of intent to cancel received by us.
By agreeing to participate in any of GoingWild LLP tours, the participant confirms to understand and voluntarily agree to all the terms and conditions, including the below mentioned:
- Fitness to complete the Tour is the sole criterion for participation.
- Participants are advised to consult their physician in case they have any kind of medical history of hypertension, cardiac issues or any other ailments.
- Tour mentor's decisions during the tour are final and binding.
- GoingWild LLP shall not be responsible for injuries, damages, or losses caused to any traveler in connection with terrorist activities, social or labor unrest, mechanical or construction failures or difficulties, diseases, local laws, climatic conditions, abnormal conditions or developments, or any other actions, omissions, or conditions outside the travel partner's control.
- All participants traveling with GoingWild LLP must complete and sign a Risk Release Agreement before the commencement of tour.
- All disputes are subject to Kolkata jurisdiction.