This part of India is not very much explored if you compare it with other places of oriental region. Thus birding in Khonoma Nature Conservation and Tragopan Sanctuary is a virgin place for birders and bird watchers. Lying in Japfu mountain range, this birding hotspot is place where one can experience some of the range restricted birds of the pristine primary forest. Though previously this place was notoriously haunted by local hunters but due to protection achievements; day by day the place is recovering from trauma.
well planned birding vacations for range restricted bird species of Indo-Malaya region will give you as much as joy that one is in birding heaven. So for birding or bird watching in Nagaland plan your holidays so that you have a proper idea how much you will achieve from GoingWild into the maze of espionage in jungles of north east India.
Virgin and pristine undisturbed forest, lovely bamboo growths and thickets will generate the thrill and magnificence to the nature lovers. Japfu mountain range is the part of this nature reserve, where beautiful Mountain Bamboo partridge, Assam laughingthrush is some of the favourable habitat for range restricted avian fauna like this. Lower ridges of Khonoma Nature Conservation and Tragopan Sanctuary are densely covered by shrubs and thickets which is perfect for profused growth of avian fauna; upper ridges are the home for high altitude bird species.
This birding and wildlife photography tour would definitely be a memory to cherish for every birder when he will roam through the birding trails of forest with expert birders from GoingWild. Since tracking birds requires skill and expertise; thus birding tours across this varied landscape accompanied by experts would be productive.
Tour cost per participant is Rs 28,490/- only for Indian Nationals.
This is an indicative cost which might increase if the forest administrative charges are increased.
Tour cost includes:
- Basic accommodation in home stays on twin sharing basis
- All meals as per the itinerary
- All surface transfer in SUVs as per the itinerary
- All forest entry fee, Inner Line Permit fee, guide charges etc.
- Service of a dedicated wildlife photographer and naturalist for the entire tour
- All applicable taxes
Tour cost excludes:
- Participant's home town to Dimapur and back charges
- Any extra food item not included in the meal as per the itinerary
- Any alcoholic beverage
- Any non-alcoholic beverage not included in the meal as per the itinerary
- Laundry, phone call, etc. personal charges
- Anything which is not mentioned in "Tour cost includes"
Bank account details:
Account No.: 0291102000006453
Account Holder Name: GOINGWILD LLP
Account Type: Current
Branch: Bansdroni, Kolkata
IFSC Code: IBKL0000291
- Advance 50% payment to book your seat
- 100% balance payment at least 90 days before the commencement of tour
Refund policy in case of cancellation:
- 50% of total cost if cancelled 91 days or more before the commencement of tour
- No refund if cancelled 90 days or lesser before the commencement of tour
Please note: Date of cancellation will be the date of written (email) communication of intent to cancel, received by us. Refund amount will be calculated excluding the date of commencement of tour.
By agreeing to participate in any of GoingWild LLP tours, the participant confirms to understand and voluntarily agree to all the terms and conditions, including the below mentioned:
- Fitness to complete the Tour is the sole criterion for participation.
- Participants are advised to consult their physician in case they have any kind of medical history of hypertension, cardiac issues or any other ailments.
- Tour mentor's decisions during the tour are final and binding.
- GoingWild LLP can not be held responsible for injuries, damages or losses caused to any participant due to acts of god,terrorist activities, social or labour unrest, local laws, abnormal conditions or developments or any other conditions or omissions outside the control of GoingWild LLP.
- All participants travelling with GoingWild LLP must complete and sign a Risk Release Agreement before the commencement of tour.
- All disputes are subject to Kolkata jurisdiction only.