Khonoma is a pristine village situated in the Japfu mountain range; well, this part of India is not very much explored as compared to the other places of oriental region but, with its wide variety of bird species Khonoma Nature Conservation and Tragopan Sanctuary can be designated as one of the birding heavens of Northeast India. The Angami tribes of this region have hunted the birds for centuries but due to high coservation efforts they have now stopped poaching and have become more sincere regarding the protection and conseravtion of these beautiful bird species.
You get some range restricted bird species of Indo-Malaya region so, a well planned birding and bird photography tour to this place can yeild multiple number of exotic sightings of some rarest of rare bird species and quality photographs of the same.
The magnificence of the place is spell binding, the lovely bamboo thickets, the deep dark dense forests lures one to explore it and know the secrets it has been hiding from the world for years. As stated earlier Japfu mountain range is an integral part of Khonoma Nature Conservation and Tragopan Sanctuary and the notable range restricted bird species found here are: Mountain bamboo Partridge and Assam Laughingthrush. Walking on these biridng trails and exploring them will surely be memorable for a bird photographer like you and in order to make your trip to Khonoma Nature Conservation and Tragopan Sanctuary fruitful and expert birder cum bird photographer having years of experience and expertise in this field, from team GoingWild accompany you. Happy Birding!
- 1st November 2017 - Pick up from Dimapur Railway station or Airport between 10 AM to 12:30 PM and drop at Khonoma Village. Afternoon birding in village trails if time permits. Overnight at home stay (B,L,D)
- 2nd November 2017 - Early morning drive to KNCTS birding trail with packed breakfast. Midday birding at parking lot. Lunch at home stay. Afternoon birding in SE of Khonoma Village. Overnight at home stay (B,L,D)
- 3rd November 2017 - Early morning (4:30 AM) check out from home stay at Khonoma and direct drive to Pungro. Reach by 12 PM at home stay. Birding in and around Pungro-Fakim area. Overnight at home stay (B,L,D)
- 4th November 2017 - Full day birding at Pungro-Fakim area. Overnight at home stay (B,L,D)
- 5th November 2017 - Early morning (4:30 AM) drive to Khonoma. Reach Khonoma by 1 PM. Lunch at home stay. Afternoon birding drive upto south of Khonoma and SE birding trail of Khonoma. Overnight at home stay (B,L,D)
- 6th November 2017 - Morning birding drive in KNCTS with packed breakfast. Lunch at home stay. Afternoon birding drive upto south of Khonoma. Overnight at home stay (B,L,D)
- 7th November 2017 - Morning birding at Khonoma. Post breakfast check out from Khonoma by 8 AM. Drive to Dimapur. Tour ends.
Tour cost per participant is Rs 38,490/- only for Indian Nationals.
This is an indicative cost which might increase if the forest administrative charges are increased.
Tour cost includes:
- Basic accommodation in home stays on twin sharing basis
- All meals as per the itinerary
- All surface transfer in SUVs as per the itinerary
- All forest entry fee, Inner Line Permit fee, guide charges etc.
- Service of a dedicated wildlife photographer and naturalist for the entire tour
- All applicable taxes
Tour cost excludes:
- Participant's home town to Dimapur and back charges
- Any extra food item not included in the meal as per the itinerary
- Any alcoholic beverage
- Any non-alcoholic beverage not included in the meal as per the itinerary
- Laundry, phone call, etc. personal charges
- Anything which is not mentioned in "Tour cost includes"
Bank account details:
Account No.: 0291102000006453
Account Holder Name: GOINGWILD LLP
Account Type: Current
Branch: Bansdroni, Kolkata
IFSC Code: IBKL0000291
- Advance 50% payment to book your seat
- 100% balance payment atleast 90 days before the commencement of tour
Refund policy in case of cancellation:
- 50% of total cost if cancelled 91 days or more before the commencement of tour
- No refund if cancelled 90 days or lesser before the commencement of tour
Please note: Date of cancellation will be the date of written (email) communication of the intent to cancel received by us.
By agreeing to participate in any of GoingWild LLP tours, the participant confirms to understand and voluntarily agree to all the terms and conditions, including the below mentioned:
- Fitness to complete the Tour is the sole criterion for participation.
- Participants are advised to consult their physician in case they have any kind of medical history of hypertension, cardiac issues or any other ailments.
- Tour mentor's decisions during the tour are final and binding.
- GoingWild LLP shall not be responsible for injuries, damages, or losses caused to any traveler in connection with terrorist activities, social or labor unrest, mechanical or construction failures or difficulties, diseases, local laws, climatic conditions, abnormal conditions or developments, or any other actions, omissions, or conditions outside the travel partner's control.
- All participants traveling with GoingWild LLP must complete and sign a Risk Release Agreement before the commencement of tour.
- All disputes are subject to Kolkata jurisdiction.
No record found.
Back to first tab