In the month of October year 2015, a simple recce tour to Mahananda WLS proved to be something quite different, something really close to my heart, something wholesome.
About Mahananda Wildlife Sanctuary:
This spectacular land of birds and other noteworthy mammals, is situated in the foothills of the mighty Himalayas, surrounded by Teesta and Mahananda rivers. It comes under the Darjeeling district of West Bengal. The sanctuary covers an area of about 159 Sq. KM. It takes around 30 minutes from Siliguri to reach Mahananda WLS. The avian biodiversity of this place is beyond comparison, the major highlights being Rufous-necked Hornbill, Emerald Cuckoo, Great Hornbill, Long-tailed Broadbill etc. The mammals found in this sanctuary are Malayan Giant Squirrel, Elephant, Yellow-throated Marten, a very cute and yet dangerous carnivore if you strike it lucky, can even get lovely photographs of this animal. Those who have quite an itchy feet, hit the road people! and love this place to bits. We will give you reasons to fall head over heels for this epitome of birding heaven!
About Senchal Wildlife Sanctuary:
The pristine forests of Senchal WLS is utterly beautiful, the barks of giant pine trees covered in fern and moss is the nesting area of the Red Crossbill, this forest has a lot of hidden mysteries as far as avian fauna is concerned. We will together unravel the mysteries one by one in our tour. Come, explore the place with us, experience the joy of knowing the unknown!
The other oomph! factors which make this place interesting are beautiful landscapes, the solitude, the unadulterated fresh wet air, the ambience. The food and accommodation and everything else are of A1 quality. Take it from me, your stay and experience in Mahananda-Senchal will be a memorable one. Plan your trips quickly because time and tide wait for none. Keep Clicking!
- 14th April 2018 - Pick up from New Jalpaiguri Railway Station or Bagdogra Airport (§) and transfer to home stay at Mahananda, overnight at home stay (L,S,D)
- 15th April 2018 - Full day birding at Mahananda Wildlife Sanctuary, overnight at home stay (B,L,S,D)
- 16th April 2018 - Morning birding in Mahananda; post breakfast check out from Latpanchar and drive to Senchal. Afternoon birding at Senrchal, overnight at home stay (B,L,S,D)
- 17th April 2018 - Full day birding at Senchal Wildlife Sanctuary, overnight at home stay (B,L,S,D)
- 18th April 2018 - Morning birding at Senchal; Post lunch check out from home stay and transfer to New Jalpaiguri Railway Station or Bagdogra Airport (§§) by evening. (B,L)
(§) - For pick up from Bagdogra, participant(/s) would have to arrive one day prior to the commencement of the tour (staying one night at hotel at Bagdogra); since we would pick up by 0900 hrs and no flights arrive before 1130 hrs.
(§§) - For drop at Bagdogra, participant(/s) would have to leave one day after the end of the tour (staying one night at hotel at Bagdogra); since we would drop up by 1800 hrs and no flights depart after 1630 hrs.
Tour cost per participant is Rs 22,990/- only for Indian Nationals. P.S. This is an indicative cost which might increase if the forest administrative charges are increased.
Tour cost includes:
- Basic accommodation in home stays on twin sharing basis
- All meals as per the itinerary
- All surface transfer in SUVs as per the itinerary
- All forest entry fee, Inner Line Permit fee, guide charges etc.
- Service of a dedicated wildlife photographer and naturalist for the entire tour
- All applicable taxes
Tour cost excludes:
- Participant's home town to Siliguri and back charges
- Any extra food item not included in the meal as per the itinerary
- Any alcoholic beverage
- Any non-alcoholic beverage not included in the meal as per the itinerary
- Laundry, phone call, etc. personal charges
- Anything which is not mentioned in "Tour cost includes"
Bank account details:
Account No.: 0291102000006453
Account Holder Name: GOINGWILD LLP
Account Type: Current
Branch: Bansdroni, Kolkata
IFSC Code: IBKL0000291
- Advance 50% payment to book your seat
- 100% balance payment at least 90 days before the commencement of tour
Refund policy in case of cancellation:
- 50% of total cost if cancelled 91 days or more before the commencement of tour
- No refund if cancelled 90 days or lesser before the commencement of tour
Please note: Date of cancellation will be the date of written (email) communication of intent to cancel, received by us. Refund amount will be calculated excluding the date of commencement of tour.
By agreeing to participate in any of GoingWild LLP tours, the participant confirms to understand and voluntarily agree to all the terms and conditions, including the below mentioned:
- Fitness to complete the Tour is the sole criterion for participation.
- Participants are advised to consult their physician in case they have any kind of medical history of hypertension, cardiac issues or any other ailments.
- Tour mentor's decisions during the tour are final and binding.
- GoingWild LLP can not be held responsible for injuries, damages or losses caused to any participant due to acts of god,terrorist activities, social or labour unrest, local laws, abnormal conditions or developments or any other conditions or omissions outside the control of GoingWild LLP.
- All participants travelling with GoingWild LLP must complete and sign a Risk Release Agreement before the commencement of tour.
- All disputes are subject to Kolkata jurisdiction only.