If one is interested to find out high biological diversity in the mountains, Fambong Lho WLS is a must visit for him.
This winter experience Fambong Lho..
This magnificent land of birds is situated in East Sikkim. It takes around one hour to reach this wildlife reserve from Gangtok, it covers an area of about 51 square km, with a few small hamlets inside Namely Nampong, Lingdok etc. This sanctuary is the continuation of the Khangchendzonga National Park of North Sikkim. The location of this sanctuary is at the junction of Palearctic Ecozone and Indomalaya Ecozone, which makes it an important biodiverse area in Sikkim . Here one can find beautiful bird species like Hill Partridge, Satyr Tragopan, Fire-tailed Myzornis, Bar-throated Minla, Red-tailed Minla, Scaly Laughingthrush, Streak-breasted Scimitar Babbler (it is worth mentioning here that, Scimitar Babblers are very easy to find here), Rusty-fronted Barwing, Yellow-browed Tit, Red-headed Bullfinch, Chestnut-crowned Warbler etc, not only avian beauties one can even behold a variety of mammals like Barking Deer, Yellow-throated Marten, Himalayan Brown Bear and Red Panda; in fact Takin and Musk Deer can also be seen at higher altitudes. The mostly seen mammals in this wildlife sanctuary are Himalayan Striped Squirrel and Large-eared Pika.
In a nutshell, the biological diversity is worth capturing, Fambong Lho WLS is an amazing place to visit this winter. The variation in altitude (ranging from 524m to 2749m), enables this place to be the house of some of the most exotic bird species found in the lap of Himalayas.
- 20th January 2018 - Morning pick up from Bagdogra airport (§) or New Jalpaiguri Station. Birding on the way. Check in at home stay by noon at Nampong Lingdok (adjacent to Fambong Lho WLS). Post lunch afternoon birding in and around home stay. Overnight at home stay. (L,S,D)
- 21st January 2018 - Full day birding in and around Fambong Lho WLS with packed breakfast and lunch. Overnight at home stay at Lingdok Nampong. (B,L,S,D)
- 22nd January 2018 - Full day birding in and around Fambong Lho WLS with packed breakfast and lunch. Overnight at home stay at Lingdok Nampong. (B,L,S,D)
- 23rd January 2018 - Full day birding in and around Fambong Lho WLS with packed breakfast and lunch. Overnight at home stay at Lingdok Nampok. (B,L,S,D)
- 24th January 2018 - Early morning check out from Nampong Lingdok with packed breakfast come down hill; birding on the way. Lunch. Drop at Bagdogra Airport (§§) or New Jalpaiguri Railway Station by 6 PM.(B,L)
(§) - For pick up from Bagdogra, participant(/s) would have to arrive one day prior to the commencement of the tour (staying one night at hotel at Bagdogra); since we would pick up by 0900 hrs and no flights arrive before 1130 hrs.
(§§) - For drop at Bagdogra, participant(/s) would have to leave one day after the end of the tour (staying one night at hotel at Bagdogra); since we would drop up by 1800 hrs and no flights depart after 1630 hrs.
Tour cost per participant is Rs 22,990/- only for Indian Nationals. P.S. This is an indicative cost which might increase if the forest administrative charges are increased.
Tour cost includes:
- All stay on twin sharing basis at home stays
- All meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- All surface transfer in non-AC vehicle
- All forest entry fee, guide charges, still camera fee
- Service of dedicated naturalist and wildlife photographer for the entire tour
- All applicable taxes
Tour cost excludes:
- Participant's home town to New Jalpaiguri / Siliguri / Bagdogra and back travel expenses
- Any extra food item not included in the meal as per the itinerary
- Any alcoholic beverage
- Any non-alcoholic beverage not included in the meal as per the itinerary
- Personal expenses like laundry, phone call, etc.
- Anything which is not mentioned in "Tour cost includes"
Bank account details:
Account No.: 0291102000006453
Account Holder Name: GOINGWILD LLP
Account Type: Current
Branch: Bansdroni, Kolkata
IFSC Code: IBKL0000291
- Advance 50% payment to book your seat
- 100% balance payment at least 90 days before the commencement of tour
Refund policy in case of cancellation:
- 50% of total cost if cancelled 91 days or more before the commencement of tour
- No refund if cancelled 90 days or lesser before the commencement of tour
Please note: Date of cancellation will be the date of written (email) communication of the intent to cancel received by us.
By agreeing to participate in any of GoingWild LLP tours, the participant confirms to understand and voluntarily agree to all the terms and conditions, including the below mentioned:
- Fitness to complete the Tour is the sole criterion for participation.
- Participants are advised to consult their physician in case they have any kind of medical history of hypertension, cardiac issues or any other ailments.
- Tour mentor's decisions during the tour are final and binding.
- GoingWild LLP shall not be responsible for injuries, damages, or losses caused to any traveler in connection with terrorist activities, social or labor unrest, mechanical or construction failures or difficulties, diseases, local laws, climatic conditions, abnormal conditions or developments, or any other actions, omissions, or conditions outside the travel partner's control.
- All participants traveling with GoingWild LLP must complete and sign a Risk Release Agreement before the commencement of tour.
- All disputes are subject to Kolkata jurisdiction.