A mangrove forest lying in the vast delta on the Bay of Bengal, formed by the super confluence of the Padma, Brahmaputra and Meghna rivers, is named Sundarbans. It is one of the best places to have a rendezvous with not only birds, but also to catch a glimpse of the world's largest crocodile, The Salt Water or Estuarine Crocodiles, basking on the mud flats soaking up the winter sun. And what’s more, but the majestic Royal Bengal Tiger, the ever elusive big cat prowling behind the dense mangrove cover. Sundarbans has its fair share of rare birds and a few which can be seen include the Brown-winged Kingfisher, the mangrove pitta, the mangrove whistler and many more. The mud flats, during low tide, are excellent for photographing various waders. The place is also rich in raptors which include peregrine falcons, white bellied sea eagles, ospreys, changeable hawk eagles etc. The rare dark morph of the changeable hawk eagle can be seen here. Sundarbans is also home to the largest venomous snake in the world, the king cobra. One can also see Irrawaddy dolphins here.
Tour cost per participant is Rs 34,990/- only.
This is an indicative cost which might increase if the forest administrative charges are increased.
Tour cost includes:
- All stay on the boat on sharing basis
- All meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- Kolkata-Gadkhali-Kolkata surface transfer in AC vehicle
- All jungle cruises in a motorized vessel exclusively for the participants
- All park entry fee, guide charges, still camera charges
- Service of a dedicated professional wildlife photographer and naturalist
- All applicable taxes
Tour cost excludes:
- Travel expenses between Kolkata and home town of the tour participant
- Any extra food item not included in the meal as per the itinerary
- Any alcoholic beverage
- Any non-alcoholic beverage not included in the meal as per the itinerary
- Laundry, phone call, etc. personal charges
- Anything which is not mentioned in "Tour cost includes"
Bank account details:
Account No.: 0291102000006453
Account Holder Name: GOINGWILD LLP
Account Type: Current
Branch: Bansdroni, Kolkata
IFSC Code: IBKL0000291
- Advance 50% payment to book your seat
- 100% balance payment atleast 120 days before the commencement of tour
Refund policy in case of cancellation:
- 50% of total cost if cancelled 121 days or more before the commencement of tour
- No refund if cancelled 120 days or lesser before the commencement of tour
Please note: Date of cancellation will be the date of written (email) communication of intent to cancel, received by us. Refund amount will be calculated excluding the date of commencement of tour.
By agreeing to participate in any of GoingWild LLP tours, the participant confirms to understand and voluntarily agree to all the terms and conditions, including the below mentioned:
- Fitness to complete the Tour is the sole criterion for participation.
- Participants are advised to consult their physician in case they have any kind of medical history of hypertension, cardiac issues or any other ailments.
- Tour mentor's decisions during the tour are final and binding.
- GoingWild LLP can not be held responsible for injuries, damages or losses caused to any participant due to acts of god,terrorist activities, social or labour unrest, local laws, abnormal conditions or developments or any other conditions or omissions outside the control of GoingWild LLP.
- All participants travelling with GoingWild LLP must complete and sign a Risk Release Agreement before the commencement of tour.
- All disputes are subject to Kolkata jurisdiction only.