Primate lovers will love to be a part of this tour, so get ready to rock and roll with the gibbons of Hollongapar. Hollongapar Gibbon Sanctuary is a pristine and isolated protected area of evergreen forests located in Assam. The sanctuary was constituted under the civil district of Jorhat and named "Gibbon Wildlife Sanctuary" after the only apes found in India; the Western Hoolock Gibbon. It is so called because of its distinction for containing the densest gibbon population in Assam. Noteworthy to mention that it has northeast India's only nocturnal primate - The Bengal Slow Loris. So get ready to experience something span-new, spend time with the gibbons, the closest relatives of human beings to know them closely.
Kaziranga Tiger Reserve is situated on the banks of the mighty Brahmaputra River. Kaziranga with its swamps and tall thickets of elephant grass makes the place an ideal habitat for the Indian one-horned Rhinoceros. The vast expanse makes Kaziranga very accessible and wildlife viewing interesting and pleasurable. Kaziranga, being easily accessible, gives one a chance to see animals in the wild at close quarters, thus making a trip to this National Park a very rewarding experience. The Park lies in the flood plains of the Brahmaputra River and thus the land is very fertile here. Kaziranga experiences heavy rainfall during the monsoon season which often flood the park. Kaziranga mainly comprises of tall thickets of elephant grasses, short grasses, open jungle, rivers and swamps.
Kaziranga National Park is one of the most picturesque wildlife parks in India. Apart from being home to the one-horned rhino, it is also the natural habitat of Asiatic wild buffaloes, elephants, swamp deer, hog deer, leopards, Bengal tigers, capped langur and many more species. Kaziranga is also a birder's paradise and one can find a great variety of avifauna here. The numerous water bodies of Kaziranga hosts thousands of migratory birds who visit the park every season.
Nameri Tiger Reserve is situated in the foothills of eastern Himalayas, in the Sonitpur district of Assam, about 9 K.M. from Chariduar, the nearest village. As evident from the name itself, the place is a home to tigers, apart from tigers it provides shelter to other animals like leopards, leopard cat, Himalayan Black Bear, Capped Langur and last but not the least Elephants. With over 300 species of birds (both resident and migratory), Nameri Tiger Reserve is a birder's heaven. Bird wathcing and bird photography is a sheer delight here; some of the highlight bird species from Nameri are White-winged Wood-Duck, Great Hornbill, Wreathed Hornbill, Ibisbill etc.
Make this trip memorable with Team GoingWild.
Tour cost is Rs 57,490/- per Indian participant.
Contact us for the pricing details for Foreign nationals.
PS: The tour cost is as per prevailing Forest Department tourism charges. Any increment by the Department in those rates will reflect as an addition to the tour cost.
Tour cost includes:
- Guwahati-Hollongapar-Kaziranga-Nameri-Guwahati surface transfers in non-AC vehicle
- One full day excursion in Hollongapar Gibbon Sanctuary
- 4 open top gypsy safaris with maximum 4 participants in a vehicle
- One rafting session in Nameri
- One bird walk session in Nameri
- All nights stay in hotel/resort/camp on twin sharing basis
- All meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- Services of a dedicated professional wildlife photographer and naturalist
- All park entry fee, guide charges, still camera charges, gypsy and driver charges
- All applicable taxes
Tour cost excludes:
- Participant's home town to Guwahati and back travel expenses
- Any extra food item not included in the meal as per the itinerary
- Any alcoholic beverage
- Any non-alcoholic beverage not included in the meal as per the itinerary
- Laundry, phone call, etc. personal charges
- Anything which is not mentioned in "Tour cost includes"
Bank account details:
Account No.: 0291102000006453
Account Holder Name: GOINGWILD LLP
Account Type: Current
Branch: Bansdroni, Kolkata
IFSC Code: IBKL0000291
- Advance 50% payment to book your seat
- 100% balance payment atleast 120 days before the commencement of tour
Refund policy in case of cancellation:
- 50% of total cost if cancelled 121 days or more before the commencement of tour
- No refund if cancelled 120 days or lesser before the commencement of tour
Please note: Date of cancellation will be the date of written (email) communication of intent to cancel, received by us. Refund amount will be calculated excluding the date of commencement of tour.
By agreeing to participate in any of GoingWild LLP tours, the participant confirms to understand and voluntarily agree to all the terms and conditions, including the below mentioned:
- Fitness to complete the Tour is the sole criterion for participation.
- Participants are advised to consult their physician in case they have any kind of medical history of hypertension, cardiac issues or any other ailments.
- Tour mentor's decisions during the tour are final and binding.
- GoingWild LLP can not be held responsible for injuries, damages or losses caused to any participant due to acts of god,terrorist activities, social or labour unrest, local laws, abnormal conditions or developments or any other conditions or omissions outside the control of GoingWild LLP.
- All participants travelling with GoingWild LLP must complete and sign a Risk Release Agreement before the commencement of tour.
- All disputes are subject to Kolkata jurisdiction only.