Situated in ecological hotspot of Himalayas, Sikkim is a home to more than 690 bird species alone out of the 1250+ bird species found in entire India and some exotic mammals like Red Panda and Himalayan Serow. The state has 11 important bird areas among those Khanchendzonga NP and BR is the only national park in Sikkim. It covers a little less than 1800 Sq. Km.
Birding and bird photography in Khangchendzonga is special and birding in Yuksom valley should be in any enthusiastic birder's wish list. The mighty Himalayas stare at the rivers which flow through the gorges of Dik Chuu and Prek Chuu, meandering through the valley of Yuksom. Dressed in white, the snow clad mount Kanchenjunga nurtures and cradles some rarest of rare fauna in its lap. West Sikkim is truly a mesmerizing destination for birding and bird photography, having rich natural biomes. The Khanchendzonga NP is considered to be one of the most important hotspots in India for birding and bird photography.
Pack your bags and get ready to join us on our bird photography tour to this surprisingly awesome land of birds. Behold and photograph the varied avian fauna in Kecheopalri Lake (at 5600 ft.) walk with the birds on the birding trails of Yuksom, meet the skittish birds at Dubdi, birds are everywhere waiting for you to cross their paths you just need the eyes, the instincts and off course the expertise of an experience birder to spot them.
- 14th October 2017 - Pick up from New Jalpaiguri Rly Station or Bagdogra Airport (§) and transfer to home stay at Yuksom with birding on the way, overnight at home stay (L,D)
- 15th October 2017 - Full day birding at Khangchendzonga Biosphere Reserve, overnight at home stay (B,L,S,D)
- 16th October 2017 - Full day birding at Khanchendzonga Biosphere Reserve, in and around various birding trails, overnight at home stay (B,L,S,D)
- 17tht October 2017 - Full day birding at Khangchendzonga National Park, in and around differnt birding trails, overnight at home stay (B,L,S,D)
- 18th October 2017 - Early morning check out birding and lunch on the way. Drop at New Jalpaiguri Rly Station or Bagdogra Airport (§§) by evening (B,L)
(§) - For pick up from Bagdogra, participant(/s) would have to arrive one day prior to the commencement of the tour (staying one night at hotel at Bagdogra); since we would pick up by 0900 hrs and no flights arrive before 1130 hrs.
(§§) - For drop at Bagdogra, participant(/s) would have to leave one day after the end of the tour (staying one night at hotel at Bagdogra); since we would drop up by 1800 hrs and no flights depart after 1630 hrs.
Tour cost per participant is Rs 22,990/- only.
This is an indicative cost which might increase if the forest administrative charges are increased.
Tour cost includes:
- Basic accommodation in home stays on twin sharing basis
- All meals as per the itinerary
- All surface transfer in SUVs as per the itinerary
- All forest entry fee, Inner Line Permit fee, guide charges etc.
- Service of a dedicated wildlife photographer and naturalist for the entire tour
- All applicable taxes
Tour cost excludes:
- Participant's home town to Siliguri and back charges
- Any extra food item not included in the meal as per the itinerary
- Any alcoholic beverage
- Any non-alcoholic beverage not included in the meal as per the itinerary
- Laundry, phone call, etc. personal charges
- Anything which is not mentioned in "Tour cost includes"
Bank account details:
Account No.: 0291102000006453
Account Holder Name: GOINGWILD LLP
Account Type: Current
Branch: Bansdroni, Kolkata
IFSC Code: IBKL0000291
- Advance 50% payment to book your seat
- 100% balance payment atleast 90 days before the commencement of tour
Refund policy in case of cancellation:
- 50% of total cost if cancelled 91 days or more before the commencement of tour
- No refund if cancelled 90 days or lesser before the commencement of tour
Please note: Date of cancellation will be the date of written (email) communication of intent to cancel, received by us. Refund amount will be calculated excluding the date of commencement of tour.
By agreeing to participate in any of GoingWild LLP tours, the participant confirms to understand and voluntarily agree to all the terms and conditions, including the below mentioned:
Back to first tab
- Fitness to complete the Tour is the sole criterion for participation.
- Participants are advised to consult their physician in case they have any kind of medical history of hypertension, cardiac issues or any other ailments.
- Tour mentor's decisions during the tour are final and binding.
- GoingWild LLP can not be held responsible for injuries, damages or losses caused to any participant due to acts of god,terrorist activities, social or labour unrest, local laws, abnormal conditions or developments or any other conditions or omissions outside the control of GoingWild LLP.
- All participants travelling with GoingWild LLP must complete and sign a Risk Release Agreement before the commencement of tour.
- All disputes are subject to Kolkata jurisdiction only.