A Very Good News For Birders!
GoingWild organizes tours in various parts of Sikkim, extensively. Birders get ready to explore more of Sikkim, see the depths of Sikkim, enjoy Sikkim. The virgin Sumin forest of East Sikkim has its own beauty and charm, the spellbinding varied landscape of Budang and East Pendam, newly declared tourism destination, will make you crave for more and more- A Real Treat For Eyes And Senses. This designated area was never a tourism spot because hardly anyone knew about the avian biodiversity of this place and that this place is a potential birding, bird watching and bird photography destination. Well, now it is the first ecotourism zone in Sikkim because of the initiative taken by Directorate Of Ecotourism, FEWMD and Government Of Sikkim.
To be precise the reserve is situated in the South-Eastern slope of Himalayas and covers a vast area comprising of broadleaf forests, mixed montane forests and rhododendron shrubberies. This place is a home to several beautiful bird species both resident and migratory; mostly warblers, flycatchers, babblers, wren babblers, Tesias, parrotbills and laughingthrushes are widely seen here, in the winter months these are seen in the middle and lower altitudes and migrate to the upper parts in the summer months. This place, no doubt, should be in a bird lover's wishlist.
This vast nature reserve has a lot to offer to the birders and nature lovers, it is worth giving a chance to behold the lovely avian fauna of this place. The tour will be led by an experienced naturalist and photographer from team GoingWild, to make sure that your bird list becomes strong and stout and this trip generates a myriad of good quality photographs of birds. Come, join us, this autumn experience something new, something different, something wholesome... let the exotic birds and the sublime panorama be a breath of fresh air for you, so that you develop quite a letch for this place and visit this birding heaven again and again. Happy birding!
- 26th September 2017 - Morning pick up from Bagdogra airport (§) or New Jalpaiguri Station. Birding on the way. Check in at home stay by noon at Budang. Post lunch afternoon birding in and around home stay. Overnight at home stay at Budang. (L,S,D)
- 27th September 2017 - Full day birding in and around Sumin Forest with packed breakfast and lunch. Overnight at home stay at Budang. (B,L,S,D)
- 28th September 2017 - Full day birding in and around Sumin Forest with packed breakfast and lunch. Overnight at home stay at Budang. (B,L,S,D)
- 29th September 2017 - Full day birding in and around Sumin Forest with packed breakfast and lunch. Overnight at home stay at Budang. (B,L,S,D)
- 30th September 2017 - Early morning check out from Budang with packed breakfast come down hill; birding on the way. Lunch. Drop at Bagdogra Airport (§§) or New Jalpaiguri Railway Station by 6 PM.(B,L)
(§) - For pick up from Bagdogra, participant(/s) would have to arrive one day prior to the commencement of the tour (staying one night at hotel at Bagdogra); since we would pick up by 0900 hrs and no flights arrive before 1130 hrs.
(§§) - For drop at Bagdogra, participant(/s) would have to leave one day after the end of the tour (staying one night at hotel at Bagdogra); since we would drop up by 1800 hrs and no flights depart after 1630 hrs.
Tour cost per participant is Rs 22,990/- only for Indian Nationals.
This is an indicative cost which might increase if the forest administrative charges are increased.
Tour cost includes:
- All stay on twin sharing basis at home stays
- All meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- All surface transfer in non-AC vehicle
- All forest entry fee, guide charges, still camera fee
- Service of dedicated naturalist and wildlife photographer for the entire tour
- All applicable taxes
Tour cost excludes:
- Participant's home town to New Jalpaiguri / Siliguri / Bagdogra and back travel expenses
- Any extra food item not included in the meal as per the itinerary
- Any alcoholic beverage
- Any non-alcoholic beverage not included in the meal as per the itinerary
- Personal expenses like laundry, phone call, etc.
- Anything which is not mentioned in "Tour cost includes"
Bank account details:
Account No.: 0291102000006453
Account Holder Name: GOINGWILD LLP
Account Type: Current
Branch: Bansdroni, Kolkata
IFSC Code: IBKL0000291
- Advance 50% payment to book your seat
- 100% balance payment atleast 90 days before the commencement of tour
Refund policy in case of cancellation:
- 50% of total cost if cancelled 91 days or more before the commencement of tour
- No refund if cancelled 90 days or lesser before the commencement of tour
Please note: Date of cancellation will be the date of written (email) communication of the intent to cancel received by us.
By agreeing to participate in any of GoingWild LLP tours, the participant confirms to understand and voluntarily agree to all the terms and conditions, including the below mentioned:
- Fitness to complete the Tour is the sole criterion for participation.
- Participants are advised to consult their physician in case they have any kind of medical history of hypertension, cardiac issues or any other ailments.
- Tour mentor's decisions during the tour are final and binding.
- GoingWild LLP shall not be responsible for injuries, damages, or losses caused to any traveler in connection with terrorist activities, social or labor unrest, mechanical or construction failures or difficulties, diseases, local laws, climatic conditions, abnormal conditions or developments, or any other actions, omissions, or conditions outside the travel partner's control.
- All participants traveling with GoingWild LLP must complete and sign a Risk Release Agreement before the commencement of tour.
- All disputes are subject to Kolkata jurisdiction.